Family Day Care Educators are the heart of our sector
As a Family Day Care Educator you are one of approximately 2000 qualified, skilled and expert, home-based Educators providing exceptional education and care for Queensland families.
As the Peak, we are here to support and advocate for you, your service, your children and families.
FDCQ provides Educators with:
- Sector advocacy and government representation
- Networking opportunities
- Resources to assist you in delivering high quality education and care programs
- Current information regarding the sector and your profession
- Professional development training modules
“I can’t see myself doing anything different.”
“I love the children! They are like my own grandkids. I love seeing them become who they should be.”
- Do you want to grow your professional skillset and improve your practices?
- Do you want to thrive and flourish as you hear new ideas and helpful information?
- Do you want to network with like-minded Educators?
- Do you want professional development that you can access at your own convenience?
Professional Learning and Community Engagement Educators have access to a secure, password protected community of practice, giving you an opportunity to learn from peers, to share resources, knowledge and experience.
PLACE is an inclusive community supported by Family Day Care Training Australia.
Frequently Asked Questions
- New safety requirements
- Improved oversight and compliance tools for Regulatory Authorities
- New workforce requirements
- Improved regulatory guidance
For more information view the NQF Review here.
Family Day Care Queensland's training arm, Family Day Care Training Australia, offers professional development and training via self-paced online modules. To view the course catalogue please visit the FDCTA website.
You will need an Early Childhood Education and Care qualification (minimum Certificate III). You can find more information here Careers and training (earlychildhood.qld.gov.au) on the specifics and to determine if your current qualification will be satisfactory.
There are a few other requirements too, like First Aid, Safe Food Handling, Mandatory Reporting etc, however some of these would be covered when studying for your qualification.